Term & Conditions
You may be using our collective services (the “Collective Services”), such as our Ratings & Reviews (the “R&R Service”) and any services which we may introduce from time to time. These Terms shall govern your use of the interactive services.
- All contents on this Website and intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright, trademarks, patents, design rights, and all other forms of intellectual property rights existing in the world) therein exclusively belong to or licenced to us, unless otherwise stated. Without prior written consent to us or other parties, any content on the Website shall not be reproduced, distributed, photocopied, played, linked or transmitted with super-links, loaded into other servers in “mirroring method”, stored in information retrieval system, or otherwise used for any commercial purpose by any person by any means.
- You confirm that you are over the age of 18 years and are legally eligible to enter into binding contracts with us when you place order on our sites.
- We retains the right to refuse any request made by you if you are below 18 years of age or making an order without any consent of your parent or guardian.
- You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, retransmit, disseminate, display, broadcast, circulate, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell, or commercially exploit, in any way, any information, content, documents, graphics, software, products or services (“Materials”) obtained from this Sites.
- You may not use the Sites (and any goods or services purchased on or via the Sites), or any of its content, to further any commercial purpose, including, without limitation, any commercial activity on your own website, auction sites, group buying sites, social media sites or otherwise.
- You agree and undertake that you shall not misused the site as in access or use the sites or any Collective Services in good faith without any illegal purpose or in violation on any applicable laws.
- We make every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors, features, specifications, and details of the products available on the Site. However, we do not guarantee that the colors, features, specifications, and details of the products will be accurate, complete, reliable, current, or free of other errors, and your electronic display may not accurately reflect the actual colors and details of the products. All products are subject to availability, and we cannot guarantee that items will be in stock. We reserve the right to discontinue any products at any time for any reason. Prices for all products are subject to change.
- All products should be used strictly in accordance with their instructions, precautions and guidelines. You should always check the ingredients for products to avoid potential allergic reactions.
- When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order. This email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract between us for the purchase of the goods will not be formed until your payment has been approved by us and we have debited your credit or debit card.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- Prices shown on the Sites are in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and are inclusive of GST, but do not inclusive of any applicable shipping or delivery fees. Delivery fees will be charged where applicable and will be added into the order total upon checkout. Please refer to our Delivery FAQ for more Delivery Fees information.
- Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors (including processing errors) may occur. If we discover an error in the price or payment of any goods which you have ordered, we will notify you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If the order is cancelled and you have already paid for the goods, you will be refunded in full via the original payment method you used.
- We may from time to time offer promotional codes which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified, purchases made though this Website.
The conditions of use relating to any promotional code will be specified at the time of issue.
These T&Cs relate to all GT promotions, competitions and promotional codes (unless otherwise stated).
- Promotional codes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- An individual promotional code can only be used once per order.
- Promotional codes will not be resupplied if lost or stolen.
- The value of a promotional code will not be refunded if purchased items are returned
- A promotion code can’t be used after an order has been placed.
- The products displayed on the Sites can be ordered and delivered within Singapore only. Please refer to our FAQ if you need more information about delivery.
- Subject to the availability of the products you have ordered, Giken Trading will endeavour to deliver the order consisting of the product(s) listed in each Shipping Confirmation by the date indicated in the Shipping Confirmation in question or, if no delivery date is specified, in the estimated timeframe indicated when selecting the delivery method.
- Nevertheless, you may occasionally experience delays in delivery for reasons such as a high volume of orders being received during sale periods, holidays or the occurrence of unforeseen circumstances. Please note that in any case, our couriers do not deliver on Saturday, Sundays or public holidays.
- For the purpose of these Terms, a “delivery” shall be understood to have taken place or the order deemed “delivered” as soon as you or a third party indicated by you acquires physical possession of the products, which will be evidenced by the signing of the receipt of the order at your chosen delivery address.
INABILITY TO DELIVER
- If we attempt to deliver your order, but you are not present to receive it, we will re-deliver on the next available date. However, please note that you will be charged a re-delivery fee of S$10 if your re-delivery fails for 2 times.
** No cancelation on orders are allowed once it’s paid. Please refer to Order and Payment FAQ for more information.
- All returns must be done in accordance with the instructions set out in our FAQ.
- For defective and incorrect items, you must return the complete packaging to us within 7 days from the date of receiving the goods purchased. Please refer to our FAQ if you need more information about returns.
- If you have made an incorrect purchase or have changed your mind after receiving the items, received an item as a gift or purchased an item online that you wish to return, in the event of damage or damage to the product due to consumer negligence returns with the terms mentioned are not accepted and refund will not be permitted.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
You must not:
- use the website in breach of any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- use the website to victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site;
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretences.
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Attempt to impersonate any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to become a registered member. You may make a purchase through our Sites without creating an account, however, you may not have access to certain services including the Collective Services without a registered account.
- You agree that you shall only submit or provide any information which is accurate and true, and that you will keep the information provided up-to-date. Further, you agree that you shall not misuse the Sites by creating multiple membership accounts.
- If you access and use the Sites on behalf of another person, you represent that you have the authority to bind that person as the principal to these Terms. To the extent that you do not have such authority, you agree to be bound to these Terms and you accept liability for harm caused by any wrongful use of the Sites or Content.
- GT reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account without prior notice for any reason including if these Terms are violated or if it is in Sephora’s best interests to do so.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS
We want to know what you think of the products you have tried, bought, know and love and we encourage you to leave reviews or ratings. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria:
- you should have first-hand experience with the person/entity being reviewed;
- provide details about why you like or dislike a product;
- all submitted reviews, comments and questions are read by our moderators and approval of your review is subject to these Terms.
You may not use our Collective Services to impersonate any person or entity, including, without limitation, any GT official, forum leader, guide or host, or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. You may not use the Interactive Services to collect or store personal data about other users.
We reserves the right to refuse posting a review, or to withdraw a posted review for any reason including if it violates the Rules, Guidelines or the provisions of these Terms regarding submission of Content generally.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND THIRD PARTY SITES
GT may provide content of third parties (“third party content”) or links to third party sites as a service to those interested in this information. GT does not monitor, approve or have any control over any third party content or the third party sites and the inclusion of links to third party content or third party sites does not imply any association or relationship between GT and such third party. GT does not guarantee, endorse or adopt the accuracy or completeness of any third party content or any third party site. GT is not responsible for updating or reviewing third party content or third party sites. You use third party content and third party sites at your own risk. Third party content, including comments from third party users submitted to GT through the interactive services, do not necessarily reflect the views of GT.
MODIFICATION OF CONTENT
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
- GT reserves the right, at any time, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the Collective Services and the Sites and to block or prevent your future access to and use of the Interactive Services and the Sites.
- GT may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process;
- enforce these Terms;
- respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties;
- respond to your requests for customer service or otherwise communicate with you;
- verify and process your personal or payment particulars; or
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of Sephora (and its employees), its users and the public.
- To the extent permitted by law, GT is providing the Sites, their Contents and the Interactive Services on an as-is basis and makes no representations, conditions or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the operation of the Sites or Collective Services, the information, content, materials or products, included on the Sites or as part of the Collective Services.
- Without prejudice to the generality of above mentioned, GT does not make any representation or warranty:
- regarding the accuracy, timeliness, adequacy, commercial value or completeness of all data and/or information contained in the Sites or the Collective Services;
- regarding the security of any information transmitted by you or to you through the Sites or Collective Services;
- that Site or the Collective Services will be provided uninterrupted, secure or free from errors or omissions; or
- that the Sites or Collective Services are or will be free from any computer virus, worms or other potentially malicious, destructive or corrupting computer program or file.
- To the extent permitted by law, GT will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of the Sites or the Collective Services. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
- GT will not be liable for any claim arising out of your incorrect or improper use of any or any goods, products or services offered by or purchased through the Sites, including use that does not comply with any product instructions or that would be otherwise unexpected or unreasonable.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, and subject to applicable consumer protection provisions, GT is not liable for claims arising from your use of non-GT branded products. This will not limit any claim you may have against the product manufacturer under consumer protection laws.
- Notwithstanding anything in these Terms, certain legislation, including the Singapore Sale of Goods Act, may impose consumer guarantees or imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations upon GT which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. Such legislation may, for example, impose non-excludable guarantees that goods are of acceptable quality or that services will be rendered with due care and skill (with certain remedies available to consumers for certain breaches of such guarantees). To the extent that such legislation applies, these Terms must be read subject to these statutory provisions and nothing in these Terms is intended to alter or restrict the operation of such provisions.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GT (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers), from all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, obligations and damages including reasonable legal fees, arising out of
- your misuse of the Sites and the Collective Services;
- a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above regarding Content;
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party (including, without limitation, any copyright, property or privacy right); or
- any claim that any Content you submitted caused damage to a third party.
RISK OF LOSS
- Risk of damage to or loss of the products shall pass to you at the time of delivery, or, if you wrongfully fail to take delivery of the products, at the time when GT has tendered delivery of the products.
- Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the products or any other terms in these Terms, the property in the products shall not pass to you until GT has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full.
- Until such time as the property in the products passes to you (and provided the products are still in existence), GT shall be entitled at any time to demand you to deliver the products to GT and in the event of non-compliance, GT reserves its right to take legal action against you for the delivery of the products and also reserves its right to seek damages and all other costs related to the recovery.
RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
A person or entity who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right under the Singapore Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act or any similar legislation in any jurisdiction to enforce any of these Terms.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
If you have any queries regarding these terms and conditions, please contact us.